Our smallest width mylar bag. Foil bags / Mylar bags offer a long term food storage solution. Offering protection from sunlight, moisture and oxygen.
Our long but narrow opening foil bag is designed to hold for example coffee sachet sized volume, vitamin samples or other desired product, comes complete with integrated tear notch. Foil bags / Mylar bags offer a long term food storage solution. Offering protection from sunlight, moisture and oxygen.
Mylar bags are a fantastic product for long term food storage of rice, pulses, dried beans, flour, sugar, seeds and hops or for your precious items, for example photos, vinyl albums, comics, clothes, the list is endless. The size of this bag is 5cm wide by 12cm long. The foil bag opens on the shorter side, with a tear notch on the longer side for easy opening of the bag once sealed, by hand. This size is designed to hold a coffee sample or similar, with tear notch. To seal these bags use a household clothes iron on the high setting, with no steam, hair crimper, or use one of our constant heat sealers or our unique vacuum sealer for a professional finish.
Our premium mylar foil bags are:
- Light Proof - Due to the real layer of aluminium and not the cheaper sprayed on metal colour version (metallised) which shows pinholes easily
- Smell Proof - Once sealed smells cannot escape, this is due to extra thickness of our premium bags
- Moisture Proof - Once sealed mositure from the air or even ground cannot enter as air tight seal is made, due to premium quality of the bag
- Boil in the Bag / Freezer Proof - Suitable for boil in the bag, due to special glue used, for up to 30 minutes and down to - 60 degrees celsius
- Foodgrade and BPA free - Safe for food contact
A quality product made in the USA and are 5.1 mil thick, most are around the 3.5 mil mark many other suppliers don't mention the thickness of the foil bag for this very reason. This extra thickness is important as this offers extra protection from the UV (ultra-violet) in sunlight and also from oxygen penetration for the air around, plus are very hard to puncture accidently. These foil bags are multilayered and have a food safe inner.
Mylar bags are usually used with oxygen absorbers, please see the related items below. These remove the oxygen from inside the bag, preserving the shelf life of the food stuffs above for many years, usually up to 10 years. For camping or hiking trips or similar, oxygen absorbers are not really needed.
The 20cc oxygen absorbers we sell work with this bag size, you will need one 20cc oxygen absorber in each mylar bag.